Like a rough diamond whose brightness increases over time, Palazzo Confalone stood on an uncertain date, probably between the end of the thirteenth and the beginning of the fourteenth century, beginning a history of lustre and wonder. It was the residence of a noble family originally from Scala. Aniello, called Saggese, was the first member of the Confalone family to move to Ravello, probably in 1384. Thus began a story destined to enter the annals and to enrich life and soul of many illustrious visitors, who left their mark there.Of great artistic interest is its marble coat of arms with the rampant lion that, on the round arch of the entrance door, in all its glory, welcomes visitors to the Palace.Of great architectural importance is its atrium, framed by majestic arches and arches supported by marble columns, a sumptuous staircase leading to the main floor, a frescoed ceiling in a good state of preservation, a garden with a belvedere on the Amalfi Coast bordered by octagonal columns. The aristocratic residence became a hotel, a forge of art and thought, preserving the characteristics of a residence of the past.Today Palazzo Confalone, the proper name of the residence, houses the Hotel Palazzo Confalone.